On July 1, 2021, the conferene “Results of the 9th Family Report – Challenges for Politics” took place in Berlin. The hybrid conference, jointly organized by the AGF and the DJI (German Youth Institute), was attended by about 60 experts from science, practice and politics in person in Berlin and another 120 experts joined online. After several online events, this was the first conference in which the discussion on the findings and policy recommendations of the 9th Family Report could be conducted in person with an expert audience.
Central statements of the 9th Family Report and current family policy challenges from the point of view of the Commission were presented in the first part of the conference by Prof. Dr. Sabine Walper, Chair of the 9th Family Report Commission. The presentation was commented by three AGF-members. Dr. Klaus Zeh (President) commented for the German Family Association, Ulrich Hoffmann (President) for the Federation of Catholic Families and Miriam Hoheisel (federal managing director) for the Association of Single Mothers and Fathers.
A second block dealt with the social situation of families with migration history and the resulting family policy challenges. Prof. Dr. Helen Baykara-Krumme presented the positions of the 9th Family Report Commission. Chrysovalantou Vangeltziki, the federal managing director of the Association of Binational Families and Partnerships, commented on this from the perspective of her association.
The last part of the conference dealt with current challenges for family education and family counseling. Again Prof. Dr. Walper presented the results of the report. These were commented on by Dr. Insa Schöningh, the federal managing director of the evangelische arbeitsgemeinschaft familie.
Presentations of the event are available in German.
Download der Präsentationen zum 9. Familienbericht
- Präsentation von Prof. Dr. Sabine Walper zu zentralen Aussagen des 9. Familienberichts
- Präsentation von Prof. Dr. Sabine Walper zu Familienbildung und -beratung
Download der Kommentare der Familienorganisationen
- Kommentar des Deutschen Familienverbands (Dr. Klaus Zeh, Präsident)
- Kommentar des Familienbunds der Katholiken (Ulrich Hoffmann, Präsident)
- Kommentar des Verbands alleinerziehender Mütter und Väter, Bundesverband (Miriam Hoheisel, Bundesgeschäftsführerin)
- Kommentar des Verbands binationaler Familien und Partnerschaften, iaf (Chrysovalantou Vangeltziki, Bundesgeschäftsführerin)
- Kommentar der evangelischen arbeitsgemeinschaft familie (Dr. Insa Schöningh, Bundesgeschäftsführerin)